As a UK manufacturer of hose and tubing we have invested in the machinery needed to efficiently manufacture and extrude custom hose and tubing to a high standard and efficiently here in the UK.
How do we manufacture hose and tubing?
Our hose and tubing goes through 7 main steps. These being:
- The extrusion process begins by feeding pellets of PVC compound into our hopper machine and then heating them to a high temperature until they reach a melted state.
- Once the PVC pellets have reached the correct melted state, we then force the PVC compound through a die that defines the shape and thickness of the hose or tube we are manufacturing.
- Once we have pushed it through a die, the extruded hose or tube is then rapidly cooled in a bath of chilled water in. This is because the cool water temperature helps to improve clarity of the product being manufactured.
- Once it is cooled, reinforced polyester twine is then added before encapsulating the tube again with a protective outer coating.
- Once completed, they are then passed on to our roller machine, which pulls the hose or tube through the entire process and cuts it into required lengths.
- At this point all our hose and tubes are manually inspected by our trained quality assessors for potential defects and coiled onto reels for packing. If any defects are found these are removed to make sure only high quality finished products leave our UK factory.
- Once our manufactured products have passed our high quality standard checks, each reel is then measured to ensure the hose or tubing manufactured meets the required inner and outer diameters specified before being shipping to you.
Not sure if our products are right for you?
If you are still not sure if our products are right for your needs please do not hesitate to contact us for more information or do call us for a friendly chat with our expert sales team.